Well, my father-in-law 97 Honda Odyssey (340k miles) oil pressure light indicator flickering on/off intermittently when cold, hot even though the oil are full in the engine. Some shops thinks it’s too old and may need a new oil pump, this and that. Well, before we go to the extend of replacing anything, the easy one should be checked first, oil pressure sender unit, it’s behind the engine next to the oil filter and it looks like this. We did clean the contact to make sure it’s not the sender unit. It didn’t help, so the oil pressure sender unit is the one we must try to replace. The outside of the box says thermoswitch. As long as it has a hole for the oil to come in, it’s the one.
Part number – 37240-PT0-014
Replace this and the problem’s gone away for weeks now. Anyhow, if you search for this part #, it will work with all Honda and Acura models including the BIG RL, amazing. $15-$20 depends on where you go.
- Creader 3001 OBDII Scanner
- Change Battery On 2004 Honda Accord LX Key Fob
- Replace Front Brake Pads On 2004 Honda Accord LX
- How To Replace Honda Accord 2.4L iVTEC Spark Plugs and Air Filter
- Honda Accord Back Up Camera Retrofit
- Avoid E15 Gas
- Fix Engine Rough Idle, Stall At Stops, Sluggish Acceleration
- Car Extended Warranty Regardless Of Mileage Or Inspection?