I’m going to modify the cable to use USB host to connect hard drive, iPhone, Android, bluetooth, all in one.
11/29/2015 The cheapest, easiest way to do it is –
1. AMI to Auxiliary cable – works with all 2G & 3G .
2. USB Dongle –
09/18/2015 – I modified my 2008 Q7 – MMI 2G AMI cable and build a black box to play iPod and stream audio from my iPhone and my wife Android phone on the fly without removing any of the players.
You can add USB host by connecting pins 17 & 18 for data and 25 & 28 for USB power
My sister new 2016 Q5 still comes with a 30-pins AMI cable for old iPods and iPhones, amazing. She’s been using and updating her devices so current that she doesn’t have any 30-pin devices any more. She asks me to help her to be able to stream music and navigation from her iPhone 6 to the MMI 3G plus. I found the website with the information and did it. Now, I can make a cable that works with all MMI 2G and MMI 3G, it’s simple, not that hard, just need some soldering skills.
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- How To Transfer Songs and Playlists from iTunes to USB Drive
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables
- How To Eliminate Car Audio Ground Loop Noise from USB Chargers
- Modify AMI Cable To Connect USB MP3 Drive
- How To Install Analog TV Tuner 4E0 919 146 On Audi MMI 2G
- Stream Music Through Audi MMI via Bluetooth