My 08 Q7 doesn’t have cold weather package=> no rear heated seats. I heard in the forums that rear seats were prewired with heat elements and all we need is the 4zone AC controller, but I was wrong. I bought the controller with Heated Seat buttons, replaced it and it doesn’t see the temperature sensors. Checked the rear seats, and no sign of any wires for the heat elements. Anyhow, I did remove and replace the controller.
Since there is no wiring, the dial sits at zero even when I turned the knob. The MMI automatically sees the new controller, no need to use VCDS to activate it, it may cause CP (component protection). Since I don’t know where the heat elements wires connected to the controller, I don’t use the new controller at all. For quick retrofit, I bought the carbon fiber heated elements for the back seats.
For coding the VCDS when I get the original heated seat elements installed.
- Apple CarPlay for Audi MMI 2G
- G12 & G13 Coolant for Audi Cars
- OBDEleven VCDS Alternative For Android
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC
- 2008 Q7 @ 52k Miles – DIY
- How To Update Audi North American Region Navigation 2016 DVD MMI 2G
- 2017 Q7 3rd Row Vents Deleted
- How To Install Analog TV Tuner 4E0 919 146 On Audi MMI 2G