12/16/2017 – Due to the tires worn out on both inner/outer – I decided to check the Control Arms since they’re both Karlyn. Anyhow, it turned out still GOOD. It must be the alignment. I bought the CA from
2017-02-27 Right – Upper – Front Karlyn failed after 9 months.
In attempt to eliminate the suspension noise from backing out of the drive way on the cold days, I bought some upper control arms and stabilizer brackets and replace them. This is how I replaced mine. I’m sure there are many ways to do it. The procedure is very straight forward, except for the bolt that got stuck until we lower the shock assembly down to clear it. All bolts and nuts use 16mm size wrenches. It’s also more convenient if we remove the whole strut assembly to replace both upper control arms.
All components were bought from
- Hot Air Comes Out of Left Vents With AC On
- Apple CarPlay for Audi MMI 2G
- G12 & G13 Coolant for Audi Cars
- OBDEleven VCDS Alternative For Android
- Audi A8L D3 Oil Change @123k
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC
- Ignition Switch Warning Icon