Unless you have all the right equipment to update – leave it to the dealers to do it or you may brick your MMI Head Unit and it’s costly to replace. Don’t update software if everything is working, unless you have to when adding AMI unit.
The software on mine is 1190 – latest is 4610 – The intermediate is 3360 where AMI is supported and NAV 10 also. Many people upgraded directly from 1190 to 4610, if you’re doing that way, then just use CD1 & CD2 straight to update to 4610 instead of the intermediate 4F0 906 961 AB.
1. Remove all the CD out of the CD changer.
2. Put in the update CD to CD1 (first slot).
3. Charge the battery or keep the engine running outside and NOT in the garage (CO poisoning).
4. Watch the Video below for a few times – After the update, you will , you will need a
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- How To Transfer Songs and Playlists from iTunes to USB Drive
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables
- How To Update Audi North American Region Navigation 2016 DVD MMI 2G
- How To Eliminate Car Audio Ground Loop Noise from USB Chargers
- Disable Audi A8 D3 MMI Screen Motor