2017-05-29 I created a new video to help people to connect to the DVR remotely from outside the house using Night Owl HD CMS apps.
3 years ago I got a Night Owl Security Camera Box for my house and one of the camera port no longer records. Costco has one box on sale for $299 with 4HD cameras and 1080p recording, so I got one to try out. Costco has 2 years warranty on this box.
The 1080P camera don’t display as clear as the 480p I had on line, but the recording videos did come out much clearer due to 720p. The 1080P recording only at 15fps while 720p is 30fps, I prefer the 720p @ 30fps.
The set up is easy, but the video play back files are not playable with any player on Mac OS X, only playable with the Night Owl HD CMS. Windows OS has the software called AVI Generator (PC) that can convert downloaded video “.rf” to ‘.avi’ . So this could be a break deal for people who only have Mac.
The iOS and Android apps work perfectly without any problems. I installed both on my iPhone 6, iPad 4 and Toshiba Android Pad. I prefer to set up with static ip instead of dhcp and make sure to find out what your ip address and use the ISP ip address to access remotely (away from home) with all the apps.
Importantly, make sure to configure port forwarding in the router for both port 9000 and 2049 for remote access. Make sure the ip address is the box address (static).
- Panasonic Lumix TS20 Waterproof Camera
- MSI GTX 760 FROZR Plays LOL @ 300 FPS
- Lightdow LD6000 Wifi 1080P Action Camera
- Costco Night Owl CAM-AHD10-8 1080P Home Security Camera System
- How To Connect Half Mini Pcie Wifi – Bluetooth Combo Card to Desktop PCI-E Slot
- Set Up AirPrint Brother MFC-J485DW On Windows, Mac OS X and iOS
- El Capitan 10.11.5 Drops Old Printers Drivers
- How To Set Up An Inexpensive Hi-Fi Home Karaoke System