I think these days the USB flash drive 8GB is cheap enough for us to dedicate one for Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD patched to install to MBR partition. With this patched MBR installation USB, we can use it to install Mac OS X to any computer using with iBoot cd. First we need a working mac os system, we can install an external USB hard drive first, then use it to make this one.
1. Use diskutilities to mount the SL 10.6.3 dvd.
2. Plug in the 8GB USB flash drive and make 1 partition GUID format with jounaled.
3. Click the SL 10.6.3 DVD image and restore.
4. Drag the SL image to source and the formated 8GB USB to destination and click restore. It will take about 30-45 minutes depends on the computer.
When it’s done, we should see 2 OS X Install DVD, USB and DVD.
5. Replace OSinstall (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/Osinstall.framework/Versions/A/) and OSinstall.mpkg (System/Installation/Packages/) to the correct folder on the USB DVD restored drive.
When it’s done, we have a SL 10.6.3 install dvd patched for MBR partitions.
The patched OSinstaller can be downloaded
myHackInstaller or deviato.wordpress.com or you can go to my download page if you can’t get it there.
- How To Format EFI Folder For Clover Boot Loader To Dual Boot Windows And El Capitan 10.11
- Create Mavericks 10.9.2 USB Boot and Installer With Windows 8 (No Mac)
- Snow Leopard 10.6.6 On i5 460M Gateway Laptop NV55C26U
- Triple Boot Windows 8.1-Mavericks 10.9.1-Ubuntu 13.1 On Envy 4 Ivy Bridge Ultrabook
- How To Update Mavericks 10.9.2 Without Losing en0 built-in on Envy 4 i5-3317u
- How To Fix Ethernet en0 Built-in “FALSE” Mavericks 10.9.2
- How To Fix Chameleon boot0:error and Windows 8.1 /boot/bcd error
- Replace 9.5mm Hard Drive On HP Envy 4 Ultrabook