For those who have Intel HD3000 graphics on desktop or laptops, sometimes we see the screen blacked out for a few seconds and back again, I believe according to bcc9, we need to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in the Extensions folder. It’s was hard to follow the instructions since I don’t know much about codes, but by following the thread, here is how I did mine (this one is actually for ML-but it’s the same) – I did this one for Asus p8Z68-V LX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I got full resolution but no QE/CI/CL.
Open a terminal and log in as administrator
sudo -scd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOSdd if=AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB of=/tmp/table bs=1 skip=173552 count=60cd /tmpxxd -c 12 < table > hexcat hex /*now from here I got the hex file looks just like what bcc9 screen - I believe all AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext reports the same */
Now we have a hex file in the /tmp folder which we need to edit. I used HexEdit for Mac to open the file, it doesn’t let me to edit directly, so I have to save it to “hex1” and edit this file.
Now I can go to the right column to change the contents of each address described in the bcc9 instruction, carefully and not to make mistake. As I modifying the right side, the left side changing accordingly.
xxd -c 12 -r /tmp/hex1 >! tabledd if=table of=/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB bs=1 seek=173552 conv=notrunctouch /System/Library/Extensions
I also use myfix to run and update all kexts.
Yes, I don’t see the black outs any more on my DVI screen.
Cheers and thanks bcc9 for the tutorial (he doesn’t want to upload the edited kext online – he wants people to learn how to do it – that’s a good thing).
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13 On Windows PCs-Laptops
- Create iMac 18,2 From Dell Inspiron DT 3668 i5-7400 Kaby Lake
- macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on Dell 7352 Inspiron i7-5500u Laptop
- macOS Sierra On Mac Wanna Be Windows Laptops and Desktops
- Complete Guide To Install El Capitan or Yosemite On PC and Laptops
- How To Set Up An Inexpensive Hi-Fi Home Karaoke System
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air 5,2 From HP Ivy Bridge HD4000 Laptop
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air Wannabe From A Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- Create Mavericks 10.9.2 USB Boot and Installer With Windows 8 (No Mac)
- How To Install Virtual Box 5.2 with Windows on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- Use Malwarebytes To Clean Malware on mac OS X
- ELP-USB100W05MT-DL36 USB Security Camera
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Fix iMovie 10.1.17 Keep Crashing On macOS High Sierra 10.13
- How To Fix Photo Library Not Showing In iMovie Library
- Panasonic Lumix TS20 Waterproof Camera