Every time Apple has OS X update, there are 2 ways to do it, from the Apps store or from combo update DMG. I like to do the combo update, so I downloaded from the Apple Website and installed it.
Since my Haswell HP X360 has patched ALC282 HDA and IOUSBFamilyHost.kext, I backed these 2 up. The IOUSBFamily.kext is the same version as in 10.11.4.
After the update, I needed to install patched AppleHDA.kext and IOUSBFamilyHost.kext , Repair permissions and update system caches, and everything works as normal.
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Patch IDT 111d76e0 AppleHDA With HDMI Sound
- Clover Bootloader new version vs old version battery drain
- macOS Sierra On Mac Wanna Be Windows Laptops and Desktops
- The Best Wifi Modules For Mac OS X
- Install 480Gb mSata to Envy 4-1117nr for El Capitan 10.11.5
- El Capitan 10.11.5 Combo Update
- How To Prepare To Install El Capitan 10.11.1 Onto A Windows Laptop