2014-11-23 – The method below doesn’t really work if the AC power is connected – it still reboots after a few hours. I found this fix for the RTC Alarm which works through the night with AC power on, although it has some inconvenient stuff. I used this method now. The inconvenient stuff is:
1. Need to turn on the wifi and reconnect to SSID manually every time after sleep.
2. Need to set Wireless printer with IP address manually also.
I just installed Yosemite 10.10 released version and the when I put the laptop to sleep over night, the battery was dead in the morning (without AC charger) due to waking up during the night and draining the battery out. After searching the cure, here is how it works.
Before putting it to sleep – open a terminal and type
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist
This will stop Safari from accessing the internet
After Wake – open the terminal and type
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist
Everything will work as normal.
- How To Patch IDT 111d76e0 AppleHDA With HDMI Sound
- Install 480Gb mSata to Envy 4-1117nr for El Capitan 10.11.5
- Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air 5,2 From HP Ivy Bridge HD4000 Laptop
- How To Patch USB Ports For El Capitan On HP Envy Ivy Bridge HD4000
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air Wannabe From A Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- Fix Yosemite OS X From Waking Up After 2 Hours
- HP Error Code 0xc0000225 BSOD