macOS Sierra 12.5 is the latest update. All the problems seem to be addressed since the beginning. It’s time for me to upgrade El Capitan 11.6 on my MacWannaBe HP x360 15-u011dx Haswell HD4400 i7-4510u.
– Before I upgrade, I backed up the whole El Capitan Volume to an external USB drive using Super Duper just in case I need to restore it back if things don’t work out.
- Since it’s a MacWannaBe, I can’t upgrade directly from the App, I have to create an installer and for some reasons, the 12.5 didn’t boot, I had to use 12.3 to install over the El Capitan and updated to 12.5. I’ll figure out what’s wrong with the 12.5 and Clover boot loader. The reason was all 12.4+ needs Clover 4049+ to work.
- After the installation, everything is intact except the IOUSBHostFamily.kext needed to be patched all over, that’s expected.
- I had some trouble making the NTFS writable but it was a procedure recently changed with Brew.sh.
- Update Clover to 4049 – remove VBoxHfs.efi – use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, remove NoCache=No in config.plist.
- Fix Broken Hinges On 17″ HP TouchSmart M7-J120DX Laptop
- How To Upgrade To macOS Sierra 12.5 From El Capitan 11.6
- Update El Capitan 10.11.6 from 10.11.5 On HP x360 Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- El Capitan 10.11.1 on HP M7-J120DX Haswell i7-4700MQ HD4600
- Patch DSDT And Common Errors
- Update El Capitan 10.11.1 From 10.11
- El Capitan 10.11 On HP x360 Haswell i7-4510u HD4400
- Fix USB Ports On Mac El Capitan 10.11 To Fix BCM94352HMB Bluetooth Problems