Many people seem to concern about speedstep for the Hackintosh, I believe when we use vanilla Kernel and correct SMBIOS.plist, it’s automatically working. I checked my Lion 10.7.4 vanilla Kernel on i5 2500K Asus-P8Z68-V LX speedstep by comparing the cores temperatures at idle and full loads and they do change just like in windows 7. Since there are no CPU Z for Mac OS X, the only way to check the speed step is by the temperature changes. If you have better ways to check, please let me know. Asus-P8Z68-V LX is the best motherboard for the speedstep function as I can see.
Handbrake in Lion is much faster than in Windows. Lion rocks.
- How To Format EFI Folder For Clover Boot Loader To Dual Boot Windows And El Capitan 10.11
- Create Mavericks 10.9.2 USB Boot and Installer With Windows 8 (No Mac)
- Snow Leopard 10.6.6 On i5 460M Gateway Laptop NV55C26U
- Triple Boot Windows 8.1-Mavericks 10.9.1-Ubuntu 13.1 On Envy 4 Ivy Bridge Ultrabook
- How To Update Mavericks 10.9.2 Without Losing en0 built-in on Envy 4 i5-3317u
- How To Fix Ethernet en0 Built-in “FALSE” Mavericks 10.9.2
- How To Fix Chameleon boot0:error and Windows 8.1 /boot/bcd error
- Replace 9.5mm Hard Drive On HP Envy 4 Ultrabook