This is the second time I got the terminal crashing on me as soon as it was opened.
login(506, 0x7fff7644b000) malloc: *** error for object 0x7ff402715e70: pointer being free was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
So I tried every solutions found on the net, delete com.apple.Terminal.plist, First Aid with Diskutility13, patched diskutility10 and none worked.
One solution that worked was booting with Recovery HD, select terminal and these commands to fix my El_Capitan Volume. It took about 3 minutes to run the repair.
ls /Volumes (to get the correct name of the Volume to repair)
/Volumes/El_Capitan/usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /Volumes/El_Capitan/
- MacOS Mojave On HP Envy 13-AD010NR Kaby Lake
- Looking For The Best Ultrabook For Hackintosh
- macOS Mojave on Windows Laptops
- macOS High Sierra 10.3.4 Update on Haswell HD4400
- Install Kodi and Genesis on macOS High Sierra
- How To Install Virtual Box 5.2 with Windows on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Fix iMovie 10.1.17 Keep Crashing On macOS High Sierra 10.13