Software got updated and the links got disappeared, I couldn’t do the Wemos D1 mini using the older version anymore. I had to read again, now I’m going to document what needs to be done to just re-install a new version to be able to compile and upload the sketch to the wemos to be able to activate the garage relay. The Alexa garage with iPhone no longer works so I’ll have to find the good way to do it.
– I’m using the macOS, so rename the old document/Arduino folder to document/Arduinoold
- Go to
Arduino.ccto download the latest IDE software 1.8.9 and install it – drag the Arduino App to the Application folder.
- Launch the Arduino App, select preferences and copy and paste this url: https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json to Additional Board Manager URLs field.
- Close and Re-launch Arduino App – go to board and install esp8266 to version 2.5.2.
Read the instructions here.
- I also need to
install CH340 USB driverfor the nodeMCU and Arduino at the Wemos.cc website.
- When all the software is done, plug in the nodeMCU or Wemos D1 mini and select the correct com port to download the sketch, make sure you can query the board. Select the correct board (Lolin(Wemos) D1 R2 mini).
- That’s all I need for download a sketch to the wemos and the relay to work.