So, I had both of the front air spring bags leaked and replaced at 119k and 131k miles. It cost me total of less than $400 for the 2 incidents. Since I’ve read and understood a little about the system that caused much pain and money for many people who have no ideas how the […]
, now @131k miles, the left side… I refused to use VCDS to see what’s wrong because it would list things that don’t break. – Since it has a slow leak over night, I raised the car to LIFT mode, the pump still worked and brought it to LIFT. – I put it in Jack Mode […]
So, finally I got the system to work with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto perfectly with . Thanks to , showed me how to do it with the that enable the touchscreen module. For people who don’t want to mess around with Android Coding, just download the and run it with the hid-multitouch.ko. Components I’ve […]
If you own a newer Audi (2004+), you may have option called MMI (Multi Media Interface) which control all your media player and display on your dash 7″ screen. Some are built-in the dash or flip up like the A8 D3. The MMI is actually a very simple system, but quite confusing for […]
For those who have older Audi with AMI (Audi Music Interface) unit installed, we tend to get stuck with a 30-pin iPod and iPhone original AMI cables. There are many part numbers for each type and year of the car, but by playing and modifying AMI cables, I found out that they’re basically the same, […]
. For those who has suspension failures – don’t panic – it’s not hard to identify the real problems and don’t expect the dealers or independent shops to find the problems for you. They will recommend to replace parts until it’s found on your expense. I summarize the trouble spots on low down suspension – […]
My 2006 Audi A8L turned 105k last week and gave it a Tune Up. The car has been running quite well, but the oil was replaced 16k miles and the spark plugs at 50k miles ago. I bought 8 NGK BKR6EIX Iridium spark plugs (this should last 60k miles), Mobil 1 0-40w (15k miles), Air […]
Make sure to check the car out completely before taking delivery. Try to get as many keys as possible The search was over March 23, 2013. I found an 06 A8L- 1 owner with 73k miles – Premium and Sport packages – Air cooled and massage options. I wished the car had ACC and rear […]
For an Audi Specific Problem – is a great place to find a solution, but you must know how to search for your problem. If you own 2008+ Audis, you can access in case of emergency if you don’t have one in the car, you need a VIN# to use. ***Never jump start on any […]
It’s Thanksgiving, we went to a family dinner and the lights on the dash weren’t on but the lights outside were. The message of automatic head lights and rain sensors malfunction was on. We had to turn on the manual lighting on the switch to drive home. In the morning, I removed the camera mount and cleaned […]
My friend bought a CarPlay/Android Auto unit from Carlink for his 2011 Q5 MMI 3G Plus. We installed it and it went quite well. It’s truly a plug and play unit. It does work with his new iPhone 11 Max. Although we didn’t test with an Android phone for Android Auto, but I’m sure it’s […]
A friend who has a 2011 Q5 with MMI 3G Plus didn’t even know he has a Hard drive called the Jukebox in his car for all these years. His Q5 has MMI reboot and blacked out randomly after the software update from the dealer. We think the Jukebox may be the culprit. The Jukebox […]
I really neglect checking power steering fluid for a long time, last week driving to LA, at park or low speed, the steering feels heavy and the noise started to sound really bad, I thought my steering rack is needed to be replaced. Came home, checked the oil reservoir, and sure enough, it’s on below the […]
I’ve created this blog to document what we (family) have encountered or used with all our cars although we like Audis but we also help our family to fix and maintain their other makes also. We have ads to help paying for the cost of web hosting and computers, it’s just me when I have time to do it. The ads seldom pay for all costs but I don’t like to ask for donation. “Likes” and “Shares” will be greatly appreciated.
dognmonkey.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
- Things We Should/Must Know About Our Audis In Case Of Emergency - 59,829 views
- What You Should/Must Know About Audi Air Adaptive Suspension - 98 views
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles - 111 views
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G - 13,574 views
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI - 14,802 views
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables - 10,417 views
- 2006 A8L D3 Front Air Suspension Failed @ 119k Miles - 15,047 views
- 105K Miles Service On My 2006 A8L - 2,012 views
- Looking For The Best Used A8 D3 - 10,260 views
- How To Install ElsaWin 5.2 To Windows 8 or Windows 10 - 39,670 views
- How To Fix Weak Trunk Motor From Lifting-Audi A8L - 34,094 views
- A8 D3 Back Up Camera Retrofit - 26,951 views
- How To Replace Honda Odyssey Alternator - 26,813 views
- Kashif Aziz said my audi A8L 2008 software is deleted. where can i...
- Costel Condrache said What can be done as my driver door is not open whe...
- idog said Never replaced things without verifying that it’s...
- Don said Hi, I need your help with my 2007 Q7 MMI. I’d like...
- Florida8l said Tips about vacuum pump 1. Use NEW oil on every job...