2012-12-06 replace hard drive with SSD
Since I have to remove the hard drive to install Chameleon to dual boot Windows 7 & Lion, I documented the procedure for later if I need to do it again. The hard drive on my Lenovo G770 is 750GB Western Digital Green (this may be the problem why dual booting with EasyBCD doesn’t work). Anyhow, this is the way I did mine.
1. Remove battery, charge cable, make sure there’s NO POWER connected. Ground yourself to make sure there is no static charges that can damage electronics components.
2. Remove the plastic cover with 2 removable bigger screws and 4 small attached screws (have locks on screws).
There are 2 screws holding the hard drive and bracket to the chassis, remove these 2 screws and slide the case out (toward the front)
Lift the hard drive and bracket out, there are 4 screws holding the hard drive to the bracket, if you have usb sata external adapter, to connect you don’t have to remove the bracket, just leave everything and connect to the usb adapter. But if you want to replace the hard drive, remove the 4 screws, take out the hard drive and replace with a new one. AGAIN, MAKE SURE TO GROUND YOURSELF (touch some computer case that plugged in-grounded or wear ground strap to pc case).
All the grounding yourself is a good precaution on working with any electronic devices. If you work next on a computer, lamps, anything that electrical with metal case plugged in to AC socket, considered grounded. When you touch these cases, metal body, you’re discharged any electrical static charges through earth ground.
- Panasonic Lumix TS20 Waterproof Camera
- MSI GTX 760 FROZR Plays LOL @ 300 FPS
- Lightdow LD6000 Wifi 1080P Action Camera
- Costco Night Owl CAM-AHD10-8 1080P Home Security Camera System
- How To Connect Half Mini Pcie Wifi – Bluetooth Combo Card to Desktop PCI-E Slot
- Set Up AirPrint Brother MFC-J485DW On Windows, Mac OS X and iOS
- El Capitan 10.11.5 Drops Old Printers Drivers
- How To Set Up An Inexpensive Hi-Fi Home Karaoke System