Thanksgiving morning our Cabriolet battery suddenly died completely and we had no idea what happened. We took out the cover, terminals and charge the battery with our charger, the battery is dead totally. Charged it for 5 hours and it’s still not charged fully. We checked and the batter is registering 12.5V. We could start the car. The ESP light is on and gone after we drove it for a while. The remotes need to be reset.
Reset the REMOTE CONTROL KEY FOB
It’s a simple process, just put the key in the ignition, turn it on to ACC (not starting), turn it off, take the key out, press the lock button, it should lock the door, then press the unlock button, it should open the door. It’s done.
Let’s see if we have to replace the battery.
2011-12-09 The battery is still alive and well after I removed the connection to the trunk lights since the switches don’t turn off the lights when the trunk lid is closed. I also turn the headlight switch from auto to off when I get home at night. I’ll check out the trunk light switches when I have time.
- What You Should/Must Know About Audi Air Adaptive Suspension
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables
- 2006 A8L D3 Front Air Suspension Failed @ 119k Miles
- 105K Miles Service On My 2006 A8L
- Looking For The Best Used A8 D3
- Things We Should/Must Know About Our Audis In Case Of Emergency
- Replace 2008 Q7 Front Right (Passenger) Window Glass
- Portable 7″ Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto
- How To Remove Paint Scratches On Paint