2014-11-23 – The method below doesn’t really work if the AC power is connected – it still reboots after a few hours. I found this fix for the RTC Alarm which works through the night with AC power on, although it has some inconvenient stuff. I used this method now. The inconvenient stuff is:
1. Need to turn on the wifi and reconnect to SSID manually every time after sleep.
2. Need to set Wireless printer with IP address manually also.
I just installed Yosemite 10.10 released version and the when I put the laptop to sleep over night, the battery was dead in the morning (without AC charger) due to waking up during the night and draining the battery out. After searching the cure, here is how it works.
Before putting it to sleep – open a terminal and type
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist
This will stop Safari from accessing the internet
After Wake – open the terminal and type
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist
Everything will work as normal.
- How I fixed BlueStacks Crashing in Big Sur 11.4
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- How To Backup DVDs To MP4 macOS Big Sur
- iBoysoft NTFS Software For Mac OS
- Jive Mini Pods Review
- Install Python3 On macOS Catalina
- Download Youtube Audio and Edit MP3 On macOS Catalina
- How To Use iTunes in Windows 10