I’ve been using MacWannaBe for many years, all my Windows PC or Laptops have macOS installed on them. My newest laptop is
All the laptops are still reliable and working, but I think it’s time to get a new ultrabook for longer battery, better graphics and more efficient CPU.
I’ve been reading up on CPUs, the best sweet spot right now is the i5-8250u 4 cores, 8 threads which is much faster than the i5-8200Y or i5-7200u. There are quite a few used 7th gen on Craigslist with good price but since the 8th Gen came out, I no longer want the 7th gen.
I’ve been using Dell and HP, so looking at only 13″ the Dell Inspiron 7370 and XPS 9360 or the HP Spectre x360 13t or 13-ae010ca. What we need now is the Thunderbolt ports or USB-C.
– Dell Inspiron 7370 is better built than the 5379 but more expensive with USB-C, the weight is heavier than XPS 9360. The batter doesn’t last as long.
– XPS 9360 has problem with noise and camera is at bottom of the screen instead of the top – lighter than 7370 and battery last longer.
Spectre x360 13-ae010ca is the best of all since it has 2 thunderbolts, micro SD, 1 USB 3.1 and it’s touchscreen + longest lasting battery, lighter than all and the price is less than Dell. It does come with pen and USB-C to HDMI dongle. .
Finally I found the
- Install macOS Big Sur On Supported Windows PCs and Laptops
- How To Get Intel WiFi/BlueTooth Modules To Work With Hackintosh
- How To Fix HP Post RTC Bios Error After Booting With OpenCore
- How To Use AppleALC For Hackintosh Audio
- How To Add USB Wifi To macOS Catalina 15.5
- How To Patch DSDT and SSDTs For Perfect MacBook Pro On Hackintosh
- ACPI Power Management for Hackintosh Using SSDTPRGEN
- Install macOS Catalina 15.5 on External USB Hard Drive