My daughter shattered her HP Envy 4-1115dx digitizer glass screen. For people who didn’t know how to order the screen, touchscreen laptops have 2 parts, the front face is the touch panel, digitizer and the one behind it is the LCD display. The digitizer is the glass part that broke or cracked. Make sure you got the right one, the digitizer is more expensive than the LCD display and the cheapest one I found online is $70 from China.
We need to remove 2 front screws holding the back cover in place, just above the hinges. Just crack open the back plate from the plastic holding the LCD panel and the digitizer glass.
Close the laptop exposing the back display and remove the brackets, the display connector, digitizer connector, then remove the display panel from the digitizer.
The digitizer is attached to the plastic frame with double sided tape. We need to separate them and clean the plastic frame completely before applying the tape for better adhesion. We should remove the antenna and camera wires at this time before removing the digitizer from the frame.
Clean the digitizer edge and place it in the frame tightly and fully.
Put back everything and it should be working and nice.
- How To Patch IDT 111d76e0 AppleHDA With HDMI Sound
- HP Envy 4-1115dx Battery 1% Not Charging
- Remove and Replace HP Envy 4-1115DX 14″ Digitizer Glass Screen
- Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air 5,2 From HP Ivy Bridge HD4000 Laptop
- How To Patch USB Ports For El Capitan On HP Envy Ivy Bridge HD4000