My daughter HP Envy 4-1115dx laptop booted up with the black screen and blue banner “Selected boot image did not Authenticate – Press <Enter> to Continue.”, when I press <Enter>, the laptop shuts down. The problem was she some how hit F10 to access bios and selected the “Reset To Default” by mistake, the legacy support was disabled and the “Secure Boot” was enabled. The boot image was El Capitan OS X only supported with Legacy and Secure Boot disabled.
All I had to do was turned on the power, hit F10 to get to the bios and set Legacy support to Enabled and Secure Boot was Disabled automatically.
After F10 to save and reboot, I had to enter a 4 digit number to confirm and everything is back to normal.
- Install GTX 1060 to Dell DT 3668 PC
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13 On Windows PCs-Laptops
- How To Upgrade To macOS Sierra 12.5 From El Capitan 11.6
- How To Patch IDT 111d76e0 AppleHDA With HDMI Sound
- HP Envy 4-1115dx Battery 1% Not Charging
- Install 480Gb mSata to Envy 4-1117nr for El Capitan 10.11.5
- Remove and Replace HP Envy 4-1115DX 14″ Digitizer Glass Screen
- Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate