I added the Navigation DVD, TV tuner, Rear AC Controller on the Q7 and I did not get the CP (component protection) which causes the component NOT to work, audio, etc because I didn’t add them in the Head Unit registry. The hardware works automatically without adding them in the Head Unit/Gateway. People who own VCDS try to be savvy and mess around with the gateway and head unit, changed the original components registry and caused CP. CP only can be taken off at the dealers. All they do is to restore the head unit and can bus to the original registry. If you have VCDS, make sure to print out your component registry in the canbus-19.
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3
- Should I upgrade from A8L D3 to A8L D4?
- 2006 A8L Is Still Smooth and Comfortable At 128k Miles
- Things You Wish Your OBDII Scanner Can Do
- Carista OBD2 Bluetooth and Software