If your Audi doesn’t start at all on either in Park or even in Neutral, first check the battery voltage, make sure it’s at least 12V, if it is then it may well be the faulty brake light switch. If you get stranded any where, try to wiggle or tap the brake light switch hopefully to get it working temporarily to start the car and get it home. The brake light switch usually behind the brake pedal or between the brake and the gas pedal. The part number for the 2006 A8 D3 is 4F0945459B – average price is about $14-20 online for original. Sometimes it’s just a loose relay… .
To remove the brake light switch, locate the switch, twist 45 degree left (counter clockwise) and reverse for installation.
It’s a good idea to have a spare in the car if your car is old.
- What you should/must know about Audi Electrical System
- Replace Windshield Wipers on A8 D3 2006
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Replace Front Brake Pads on Rav4 LE 2WD 2.5L