e-Golf doesn’t come with spare tire or even a lug wrench to remove the wheels. They expect the flat must be fixed at a shop of some sort. The car does come with a quick fix container and an air pump. The flat fix container has liquid epoxy in it, we need to put it in between the pump and tire valve so the air will carry the liquid to the inside of the tire and seal it temporarily. Yes, it does work but with a price, the wheel will be unbalanced due to the glob of glue inside the tire unevenly. The glue will also make the valve stuck so we can’t even put air in it. The tire will be unusable and we need to replace the new tire which costs more. The best is to pump it up and drive with a slow leak to the tire shop and hope they can patch it for $10 like Costco tire center. Sometimes, the nail punctured a hole close to the edge of the tire and the shop won’t do it due to safety issue. We can if we choose to do so. So, before you decided to use the slime or quick fix flat container from any where, think twice.
I’ve created this blog to document what we (family) have encountered or used with all our cars although we like Audis but we also help our family to fix and maintain their other makes also. We have ads to help paying for the cost of web hosting and computers, it’s just me when I have time to do it. The ads seldom pay for all costs but I don’t like to ask for donation. “Likes” and “Shares” will be greatly appreciated.
dognmonkey.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
- Things We Should/Must Know About Our Audis In Case Of Emergency - 60,295 views
- What You Should/Must Know About Audi Air Adaptive Suspension - 235 views
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles - 186 views
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G - 15,006 views
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI - 15,922 views
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables - 10,952 views
- 2006 A8L D3 Front Air Suspension Failed @ 119k Miles - 15,391 views
- 105K Miles Service On My 2006 A8L - 2,039 views
- Looking For The Best Used A8 D3 - 10,309 views
- How To Install ElsaWin 5.2 To Windows 8 or Windows 10 - 40,306 views
- How To Fix Weak Trunk Motor From Lifting-Audi A8L - 34,255 views
- A8 D3 Back Up Camera Retrofit - 27,341 views
- How To Replace Honda Odyssey Alternator - 26,867 views
- idog said I really don’t understand how you hook up these de...
- Donghyun Shin said Hello. i did diy android all in one for my q5. an...
- idog said Which model, which year, MMI 2G or 3G? What’...
- Claude Martin said I have identical intermittent MMI problem –...
- idog said Yes, I believe i also had to rivet some parts