It’s been 7 years since we’d had our . Audie is growing up fast and she wants another so she can go to Prom with it although she’s only a junior now. I and my wife can use the car until then, because we do love Audi Convertible. The A4 was discontinued since 2008 and the A5 took place in 2010 but , it does look more modern and up to date. Like every other car, I do research while looking for the best car and deal. The RED car again is desired although not many of them exist and they’re gone fast even with higher prices. The sweet spot seems to be 70k-80k miles. The best car to get is one owner, no accidents since the convertible body is less sturdy than the coupe with hard top. When we buy a used Audi, get one with all the options we wanted, don’t buy the base and try to retrofit other options later, it would cost a lot more and not very original.
- Audi key fobs are expensive, make sure to have 2 working key fobs and original wind deflector, these 2 are $1000 easily. You can’t start the car if the only key electronic is broken, you’ll be stranded.
- A5 Convertibles come with 2.0T unless we go with RS5 or S5 with 3.0T or 4.2FSI which we don’t really care for, our car will be for simple pleasure and not hot rod. We test drove the 2.0T and it’s quite quick for us, especially our daughter.
- There are 2 transmission versions: CVT and Quattro, our last CVT, many people had transmission problem although we didn’t encounter but we like the Quattro this time. The CVT FWD is the lower version of A5.
- There are 3 trims, Premium, Premium Plus and the Prestige, in between there are S-line and Sport which has the sport seats and stiffer suspension. The Prestige comes with ventilated seats and blind spot monitoring which the seats can’t be like the one in sport version.
- Premium Plus Package ($3100): Auto dimming rearview mirror with compass, auto dimming and heated side mirrors, Heated front seats with driver memory, Audi Advanced keyless start, Audi xenon plus head lights and LED DRL and Rear Tail lights. (this one must have).
- Audi Side Assist (blind spot monitoring- $800): Quite convenient and safe for lane changes (should have).
- Audi Navigation Plus Package ($2990): 1 CD/DVD Player W/HD Radio, Audi Navigation Plus, Audi Parking Plus with Back Up Camera, Audi connect.
- . Audi Fine Grain inlay ($350).
- . Audi B&O Sound System ($550): Very nice sound system.
- Audi Sport Package ($1000): Nice sport seats with thigh extension, although I would prefer Prestige ventilated and heated seats better.
- Audi 19″ wheels ($800)(NOT preferred due to harsh ride).
- Audi Wheel Locks ($105): Good for nice wheels.
- Premium Plus with MMI 3G Plus has 7″ screen and single DVD navigation. 6.5″ MMI 3G will have concert radio on the dash console.