If you use iMovie at all to create videos or home movies, you will either like or don’t care for iMovie 10.0.5 that comes with Mavericks 10.9.x. If you have iLife11, you would have iMovie 9.0 and the latest update is 9.0.9. To me iMovie 9.0 is fine, but I just want to update from 9.0 to 9.0.9 just in case and the software won’t let me to update from 9.0 to 9.0.9 after 10.0.5 already installed. In order to update, I have to trick the system so I can have all the version installed.
1. Move iMovie 10.0.5 (purple icon) in the Applications folder to trash (don’t empty trash).
2. Copy iMovie 9.0 from iMovie 9.0 folder to Application folder and rename it to iMovie.
3. Run the iMovie 9.0.9 update package – now it should be installing the update.
4. Move the iMovie (9.0.9) to iMovie 9.0 folder: Now you have both version 9.0 and 9.0.9
5. Open trash and put back the iMovie 10.0.5 – Now you have all 3 versions: 9.0, 9.0.9, 10.0.5.
- How To Create macOS App To Run Sudo Command with Password
- How I fixed BlueStacks Crashing in Big Sur 11.4
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- How To Backup DVDs To MP4 macOS Big Sur
- iBoysoft NTFS Software For Mac OS
- Install Python3 On macOS Catalina
- Download Youtube Audio and Edit MP3 On macOS Catalina
- How To Use iTunes in Windows 10