macOS Sierra 12.5 is the latest update. All the problems seem to be addressed since the beginning. It’s time for me to upgrade El Capitan 11.6 on my MacWannaBe HP x360 15-u011dx Haswell HD4400 i7-4510u.
– Before I upgrade, I backed up the whole El Capitan Volume to an external USB drive using Super Duper just in case I need to restore it back if things don’t work out.
- Since it’s a MacWannaBe, I can’t upgrade directly from the App, I have to create an installer and for some reasons, the 12.5 didn’t boot, I had to use 12.3 to install over the El Capitan and updated to 12.5. I’ll figure out what’s wrong with the 12.5 and Clover boot loader. The reason was all 12.4+ needs Clover 4049+ to work.
- After the installation, everything is intact except the IOUSBHostFamily.kext needed to be patched all over, that’s expected.
- I had some trouble making the NTFS writable but it was a procedure recently changed with Brew.sh.
- Update Clover to 4049 – remove VBoxHfs.efi – use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, remove NoCache=No in config.plist.
- How To Fix Haswell HD 4600 Artifact and Glitches in macOS
- iCloud: Could Not Communicate With Server
- Prevent macOS Monterey To Upgrade Automatically
- How To Mount R/W NTFS USB hard drive in Big Sur
- How To Create macOS App To Run Sudo Command with Password
- How To Create MacBook Pro 13,2 From HP EliteBook 820 G3
- How I fixed BlueStacks Crashing in Big Sur 11.4
- Dell 7352 Broadwell Big Sur