macOS Sierra 12.5 is the latest update. All the problems seem to be addressed since the beginning. It’s time for me to upgrade El Capitan 11.6 on my MacWannaBe HP x360 15-u011dx Haswell HD4400 i7-4510u.
– Before I upgrade, I backed up the whole El Capitan Volume to an external USB drive using Super Duper just in case I need to restore it back if things don’t work out.
- Since it’s a MacWannaBe, I can’t upgrade directly from the App, I have to create an installer and for some reasons, the 12.5 didn’t boot, I had to use 12.3 to install over the El Capitan and updated to 12.5. I’ll figure out what’s wrong with the 12.5 and Clover boot loader. The reason was all 12.4+ needs Clover 4049+ to work.
- After the installation, everything is intact except the IOUSBHostFamily.kext needed to be patched all over, that’s expected.
- I had some trouble making the NTFS writable but it was a procedure recently changed with Brew.sh.
- Update Clover to 4049 – remove VBoxHfs.efi – use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, remove NoCache=No in config.plist.
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- Import iPhone Photos on Mac Using Preview and Image Capture Apps
- How To Get iMessage and FaceTime Working On Big Sur
- How To Replace WIFI Module On Dell Inspiron 3668
- How To Backup DVDs To MP4 macOS Big Sur
- How To Make Your First Desktop Hackintosh
- Install macOS Big Sur On Supported Windows PCs and Laptops
- How To Get Intel WiFi/BlueTooth Modules To Work With Hackintosh