The macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 is officially released for download and upgrade. This post will show how I installed on my Windows Laptops and Desktops. This OS did change quite a few things that will not work with the older Catalina setup. To use OpenCore to boot, we need 0.6.3+ version, I did use 0.6.4 to be able to boot into the flash drive. I also need to install CtlnaAHCIPort.kext to be able to see the SATA internal hard drive. The SMCBatteryManager.kext no longer works, need to use ACPIBatteryManager.kext from Rehabman for the battery to display. The DW1820a must have an argument on boot brcmfx-driver=2 for the WiFi to work. For error “waiting for root device” , make sure to have USBInjectAll.kext installed.
If the Catalina is working, all we need is to update those above and make sure to get the new Lilu.kext (14.9), WhateverGreen.kext (14.4), AppleALC.kext (15.4) and everything should work. The boot to installer is extremely long (1 hr total time).
- macOS Monterey 12.1 On HP EliteBook 820 SkyLake
- How To Mount R/W NTFS USB hard drive in Big Sur
- How To Create MacBook Pro 13,2 From HP EliteBook 820 G3
- How I fixed BlueStacks Crashing in Big Sur 11.4
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- Import iPhone Photos on Mac Using Preview and Image Capture Apps
- How To Get iMessage and FaceTime Working On Big Sur
- How To Replace WIFI Module On Dell Inspiron 3668