This is the second time I got the terminal crashing on me as soon as it was opened.
login(506, 0x7fff7644b000) malloc: *** error for object 0x7ff402715e70: pointer being free was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
So I tried every solutions found on the net, delete com.apple.Terminal.plist, First Aid with Diskutility13, patched diskutility10 and none worked.
One solution that worked was booting with Recovery HD, select terminal and these commands to fix my El_Capitan Volume. It took about 3 minutes to run the repair.
ls /Volumes (to get the correct name of the Volume to repair)
/Volumes/El_Capitan/usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /Volumes/El_Capitan/
- Install macOS Big Sur On Supported Windows PCs and Laptops
- How To Get Intel WiFi/BlueTooth Modules To Work With Hackintosh
- How To Fix HP Post RTC Bios Error After Booting With OpenCore
- How To Use AppleALC For Hackintosh Audio
- How To Add USB Wifi To macOS Catalina 15.5
- How To Patch DSDT and SSDTs For Perfect MacBook Pro On Hackintosh
- ACPI Power Management for Hackintosh Using SSDTPRGEN
- Install macOS Catalina 15.5 on External USB Hard Drive