The new update for Yosemite is here 10.10.2. I updated it last night and my graphics card HD4400 (80860a16) doesn’t load. It was lagging, the backlight slider bar was gone. Insanelymac has an article on how to fix this QE/CI lost after the update.
If you have an HP laptop, and use Clover bootloader, make sure you have these lines in the config.plist or you’ll have kernel early panic (reboot instantly), remove the “!”
After the update, we need to patch the 2 kexts that caused the problems: AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext by replacing the device ids: 80860412 with our HD4400 device ids 80860a16 both on the info.plist and the binary file. We do need a hex editor app like hexedit that I use to patch the binary.
If you tried and it doesn’t work, you can get mine and try it.
- Upgrade SP SSD 1TB on X360 15-u011dx Haswell HD4400
- How To Fix Kernel Panic (KP) Reboot After Sleep/Wake Catalina 10.15.4 On Haswell HD4600
- Fix Broken Hinges On 17″ HP TouchSmart M7-J120DX Laptop
- How To Upgrade To macOS Sierra 12.5 From El Capitan 11.6
- How To Fix NO Audio and Mic After Wake on Mac OS X
- macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on Dell 7352 Inspiron i7-5500u Laptop
- Update El Capitan 10.11.6 from 10.11.5 On HP x360 Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- The Best Wifi Modules For Mac OS X