Every time I get a “new to me” car, there are always things that need to update or modified. Here is the list of the things I’ve been updating to my 06 A8.
MMI SOFTWARE UPDATE TO 4610
06 A8 has no back up camera, no AMI, these options don’t exist until 07 A8 for camera and 08 A8 for AMI. In order for these things to work, the MMI system must be updated to the latest software. For adding AMI, we only need 3360 and for camera, my Q7 has 4140. The latest CD update out there are up to 4610. As I understand, if anyone is going to upgrade from anything below 2700 to 4610, they can skip the 3360 and use the 4610 CDs (2 of them). Research before you do it. I did mine successfully, and this is how I did mine. The CDs, you can buy them from EBAY or get them from here. The CD I used are:
4F0 998 961 MMI: High US (2 CDs update from 3360 to 4610) – I only use CD2 since CD1 is for bluetooth and my bluetooth is working great with 3360.
**** If you have 05 or 04, check to make sure you have to have NAV 5 version of Navigation before updating these software, mine was 08/09 so I didn’t have to do anything. I still have the original Nav 05 which I don’t use ****
**** AFTER UPDATING SOFTWARE, A FEW SETTINGS WILL BE LOST, I NEEDED VCDS TO TURN SOME OF THE FEATURES BACK ON, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE OBDII WITH VCDS SOFTWARE TO ACCESS YOUR CAR. ****
INSTALL IPOD INTERFACE (AMI) WITH ORIGINAL MODULES.
This is where I got my AMI – The name is Adrian – Great, knowledgeable and honest guy.
- Apple CarPlay for Audi MMI 2G
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC
- How To Transfer Songs and Playlists from iTunes to USB Drive
- What You Must/Should Know About Audi MMI
- What You Should Know About AMI Cables
- How To Update Audi North American Region Navigation 2016 DVD MMI 2G
- How To Eliminate Car Audio Ground Loop Noise from USB Chargers