2017-08-01 I’ve just installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 to Dell Inspiron DT 3668 i5-7400 Kaby Lake and everything works very nicely.
2017-05-30 macOS Sierra 12.4+ needs Clover Version 4049+ to work.
No longer needs flag nocache = no any more.
When install Clover from the package to UEFI folder, doesn’t work… Need to copy the Clover files over to the EFI folder including BOOT folder to boot.
I’ve just finished MacBook Air 7,2 on Dell Inspiron 7352 Broadwell i7-5500u – Perfect.
macOS Sierra was released yesterday and I installed it on my external USB hard drive to check it out… I’m not using it until I’m sure it’s as solid as Yosemite or El Capitan. The SIRI seems to be a nice feature. There are things that work on El Capitan before but DON’T work on Sierra. I’ll post the installation progress as I go for all my laptops and desktop: HD3000-4000-4400-4600. For those who doesn’t have a mac – it’s time to Google and download the macOS Sierra preview copy while they’re still available to start.
This tutorial should work for all Mac OS X: Yosemite, El Capitan and macOS Sierra.
Clover config.plist samples for HD3000, HD4000, HD4400, HD4600 Clover configdesktop_imac132.(make sure to rename to config.plist)
You’re supposed to patch your own DSDT to have battery and sleep/wake working, that’s the only way to learn. These are my working DSDT for all my laptops. You can try to use them for yours, but understand that all hardware are built differently and IT CAN BREAK YOUR COMPUTER, use them with your own RISKS. Please don’t ask me about these. This is the link for Rehabman’s DSDT patch in MaciASL: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master
You’re supposed to patch your own DSDT to have battery and sleep/wake working, that’s the only way to learn. These are my working DSDT for all my laptops. You can try to use them for yours, but understand that all hardware are built differently and IT CAN BREAK YOUR COMPUTER, use them with your own RISKS. Please don’t ask me about these.
This is the link for Rehabman’s DSDT patch in MaciASL: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master
- Only boots with Clover 3599 and up.
- The security option for “Allow apps downloaded from EVERYWHERE” no longer exist – must enable it through terminal.
sudo spctl --assess --master-disable
- Trackpad pane for synaptics is blank, must be replaced with Trackpad.Preference.Pane from 10.11 or 10.10 or patched one.
- For BCM94352 CE-123H dual band wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 to work perfectly, a patch in Clover config.plist from DARKVOID must be in place. Handoff works just like El Capitan or Yosemite
<dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data> <key>Name</key> <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data> </dict>
- SMBIOS MacMini no longer supported – Change to iMac13,2.
- Backlight and Audio keys on keyboard no longer work.
- In case iMessage doesn’t work – Patch Kernel in the config.plist
If we’re going to install Mac OS X on future Windows Hardware, we should create an external USB hard drive with all the partitions needed for all popular Mac OS X. These days the 500GB or 1GB cost less than $50. It’s a must have.
After 10.12.2 – Everything seems to work better – all keyboards work – the BCM94352HBM works perfectly with just new FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext from Rehabman – make sure it’s 2016-1115 or newer. AppleALC patched at layout id3 for ALC282 using original AppleHDA.kext. Codec_Commander must be edited to wake with sound correctly.
Twitter videos crashes macOS Sierra when opened.
I bought a Toshiba SSD TR150 480GB from Fry’s to install macOS Sierra on my old desktop Asus P8Z68V LX LGA motherboard and i5 2500k running @ 4.2GHz. In order for the turbo to work, I had to use the iMac13,2 SMBIOS, actually for Ivy Bridge HD4000.
Everything works well except the programs seem to launch and close very slowly. I don’t know if it’s the drive or the macOS Sierra itself. I need to investigate on this one. After a while, the system is cached, open and close apps are faster.
Siri only works with WIFI for location, Ethernet doesn’t work. Need to install a wifi module for location services.
You can get a USB Tenda wifi inexpensively and use this driver to enable it to use location services. We can use Fenvi FV101 adapter to install BCM943225HMB or BCM94352HMB to the PCI-E slot for both wifi-bluetooth combo.
To enable the trim feature on the SSD, the command must be issued and the drive must be connected to 6GB sata port (which this motherboard has 2 gray color on the bottom).
sudo trimforce enable
When everything is done and if you have a Seagate USB External Hard Drive, plug it in and you can download the NTFS to access all NTFS folders.
- macOS Mojave on Windows Laptops
- macOS High Sierra 10.3.4 Update on Haswell HD4400
- Install Kodi and Genesis on macOS High Sierra
- How To Install Virtual Box 5.2 with Windows on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Fix iMovie 10.1.17 Keep Crashing On macOS High Sierra 10.13
- How To Fix Photo Library Not Showing In iMovie Library
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13 On Windows PCs-Laptops