For those who have Intel HD3000 graphics on desktop or laptops, sometimes we see the screen blacked out for a few seconds and back again, I believe according to bcc9, we need to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in the Extensions folder. It’s was hard to follow the instructions since I don’t know much about codes, but by following the thread, here is how I did mine (this one is actually for ML-but it’s the same) – I did this one for Asus p8Z68-V LX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I got full resolution but no QE/CI/CL.
Open a terminal and log in as administrator
sudo -scd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOSdd if=AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB of=/tmp/table bs=1 skip=173552 count=60cd /tmpxxd -c 12 < table > hexcat hex /*now from here I got the hex file looks just like what bcc9 screen - I believe all AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext reports the same */
Now we have a hex file in the /tmp folder which we need to edit. I used HexEdit for Mac to open the file, it doesn’t let me to edit directly, so I have to save it to “hex1” and edit this file.
Now I can go to the right column to change the contents of each address described in the bcc9 instruction, carefully and not to make mistake. As I modifying the right side, the left side changing accordingly.
xxd -c 12 -r /tmp/hex1 >! tabledd if=table of=/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB bs=1 seek=173552 conv=notrunctouch /System/Library/Extensions
I also use myfix to run and update all kexts.
Yes, I don’t see the black outs any more on my DVI screen.
Cheers and thanks bcc9 for the tutorial (he doesn’t want to upload the edited kext online – he wants people to learn how to do it – that’s a good thing).
- Download Youtube Audio and Edit MP3 On macOS Catalina
- How To Join Apple Ecosystem with Windows Laptops and Desktops
- macOS Catalina On Supported Windows Laptops and PCs
- MacOS Mojave On HP Envy 13-AD010NR Kaby Lake
- Looking For The Best Ultrabook For Hackintosh
- macOS Mojave on Windows Laptops
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Format EFI Folder For Clover Boot Loader To Dual Boot Windows And El Capitan 10.11