And always use portable drive to install before internal hard drive. For Realtek id 0139 card reader isn’t supported, a USB SD card reader is handy.
June 07, 2012 I edited the VL kext and I got WPA2-AES, WPA2-TKIP/AES and WPA-PSK TKIP to work with 10.7.4. Ethernet also works. It’s a little tricky to get both of these to work. Use the same kexts of Lion 10.7.4 and add the id address in the info.plist and the plugin folder for the Ethernet. Look at the video, after editing everything just run myfix from myHack 3.1.
Use the speed test I can see the differences among WPA2-AES (true N), WPA2-TKIP/AES (combo) and WPA-PSK TKIP.
Procedure is simple, just update to 10.7.4 with combo update, install all kexts, no need to edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist. The performance difference between 10.7.4 and 10.7.3 is almost the same. The 10.7.4 seems to have lines over the screen more often than 10.7.3 (none).
I will stick with 10.7.3 until someone shows me problems with the 10.7.3 that 10.7.4 fixes.
June 06, 2012 There is a wifi kext IO80211Family.kext that will work with 10.7.4 sent from Vell Design (a reader), but only with WPA and NOT WPA2 encryption. Most of the hotspots require WPA2 to connect. I don’t know if it’s worth it to update to 10.7.4 and lose the WPA2 capability.
May 11, 2012 -Like smart people say “if it works, don’t fix it”, to me Lion 10.7.3 runs perfectly on my Lenovo G770 i5 HD3000 Sandy Bridge laptop, I did try to update 10.7.4 since I have many experimental USB drives to try,
it wasn’t very pretty, the worst part is my AR9285 Wifi kext doesn’t work any more, that’s a NO NO.
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- Import iPhone Photos on Mac Using Preview and Image Capture Apps
- How To Get iMessage and FaceTime Working On Big Sur
- How To Replace WIFI Module On Dell Inspiron 3668
- How To Backup DVDs To MP4 macOS Big Sur
- How To Make Your First Desktop Hackintosh
- Install macOS Big Sur On Supported Windows PCs and Laptops
- How To Get Intel WiFi/BlueTooth Modules To Work With Hackintosh