Yosemite now is at 10.10.5. I think it’s the last update before the new El Capitan 10.11. For Ivy Bridge HD4000 is a very simple update. With Haswell HD4400, it’s a little different from the patched frambufferazul.kext and HD5000.kext. This time everything should be original, the only kexts that need to be installed are Rehabman FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_hd4600_hd4400.kext and the fakeid added in the Clover config.plist to get the graphics to work perfectly. Much simpler than before. This procedure will work with 10.10.3-10.10.5.
Yosemite 10.10.5 will allow “find my mac” on my MacBookAir 6,2 also. It’s a ver solid version as I’ve known so far.
For those who are at 10.10.1 or 2, to update, no more patching kexts. Just follow these instructions and you will get your Macwannabe working perfectly.
1. Download 10.10.5 update combo from Apple.
2. Read the tutorial to fix HD4400 here.
3. Make sure to download all the FakePCIID kexts from RehabMan.
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13 On Windows PCs-Laptops
- Fix Broken Hinges On 17″ HP TouchSmart M7-J120DX Laptop
- How To Upgrade To macOS Sierra 12.5 From El Capitan 11.6
- How To Fix NO Audio and Mic After Wake on Mac OS X
- macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on Dell 7352 Inspiron i7-5500u Laptop
- Update El Capitan 10.11.6 from 10.11.5 On HP x360 Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- The Best Wifi Modules For Mac OS X
- Extract Yosemite 10.10.5 and El Capitan 10.11.5 InstallESD.dmg Using 7Z