So, with the new Mountain Lion 10.8 came out, if you have all the files and apps loaded on a partition and you don’t want to reformat and wipe out everything when upgrading from Lion 10.7.x, just install ML over the Lion partition, it will back up everything for you – I recommend to use the same login ID, but not necessary. I tried to upgrade with my Lion 10.7.4 dual boot partition. I used myHack 3.1.2 installer and everything went without a hitch. The only thing is I need to re-install VoodooHDA and Ethernet. The HD3000 0112:8086 has full QE/CI/CL with smbios macbook pro 8,1 same as the Lenovo G770 laptop and PciRoot=1 in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. The screen capture video below is the Mountain Lion 10.8 Apps after the upgrade (actually new installation over the same partition of Lion). The procedure is the same as if you’re using myHack3.1 to install Lion. I’ll go into details when I have time.Yes I did have to fix the dual boot MBR, make sure you have Windows 7 rescue disk handy just in case you forgot to create a menu in EasyBCD.
- Create A Chameleon USB Boot Drive To Work With All OS X Installation USB Drives
- How To Fix Garageband 10.10.3 Failing To Download And Install Loops On Yosemite 10.10.1
- How To Patch DSDT For Battery Using MaciASL
- Create Mavericks 10.9.2 USB Boot and Installer With Windows 8 (No Mac)
- Dual-Triple Boot Windows 8.1-Mavericks-Mountain Lion On Envy 4-1117nr Ivy Bridge