Unless you have all the right equipment to update – leave it to the dealers to do it or you may brick your MMI Head Unit and it’s costly to replace. Don’t update software if everything is working, unless you have to when
The software on mine is 1190 – latest is 4610 – The intermediate is 3360 where AMI is supported and NAV 10 also. Many people upgraded directly from 1190 to 4610, if you’re doing that way, then just use
1. Remove all the CD out of the CD changer.
2. Put in the update CD to CD1 (first slot).
3. Charge the battery or keep the engine running outside and NOT in the garage (CO poisoning).
4. Watch the Video below for a few times – After the update, you will , you will need a
This is the old 1190 screen and functions.
This is the procedure I did on my 06 A8. After the update – Battery Level option was taken out, I need to use VAG-COM VCDS to put it back in – All the voice control telephone and navigation directory have to be re programmed. Now, I can use the Nav DVD 2010. It took almost 1 hour to update.
Must use the charger with at least 6A and charge while updating. The cd is 4F0 906 961 AB.
- Audi A8L D3 Oil Change @123k
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC
- Ignition Switch Warning Icon
- How To Create a 12V Line When The Ignition Is On on 2006 Audi A8 D3
- How To Update Audi North American Region Navigation 2016 DVD MMI 2G
- 2016 Tesla S 75D Autopilot In Action
- Clean Clogged AC Drain Hose Causing Water Under The Carpet