Unless you have all the right equipment to update – leave it to the dealers to do it or you may brick your MMI Head Unit and it’s costly to replace. Don’t update software if everything is working, unless you have to when .
The software on mine is 1190 – latest is 4610 – The intermediate is 3360 where AMI is supported and NAV 10 also. Many people upgraded directly from 1190 to 4610, if you’re doing that way, then just use instead of the intermediate 4F0 906 961 AB.
1. Remove all the CD out of the CD changer.
2. Put in the update CD to CD1 (first slot).
3. Charge the battery or keep the engine running outside and NOT in the garage (CO poisoning).
This is the old 1190 screen and functions.
This is the procedure I did on my 06 A8. After the update – Battery Level option was taken out, I need to use VAG-COM VCDS to put it back in – All the voice control telephone and navigation directory have to be re programmed. Now, I can use the Nav DVD 2010. It took almost 1 hour to update.
Must use the charger with at least 6A and charge while updating. The cd is 4F0 906 961 AB.
- How To Modify MMI 3G AMI Cable For AUX Audio Inputs
- What you should/must know about Audi Electrical System
- How To Restore Sounds From MMI 2G Component Protection (CP)
- How To Charge Battery On 2008 Q7 3.6L
- Replace Windshield Wipers on A8 D3 2006
- CD Auxiliary Optical Box For MMI 2G
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed