July 21, 2012 Sleepenabler.kext – put in the extra folder for the lid to close and wake up when opens, wake up from sleep… etc.
And always use portable drive to install before internal hard drive. For Realtek id 0139 card reader isn’t supported, a USB SD card reader is handy.
2012-04-19 Another procedure on Lenovo laptop with hard drive has no OS installed by Miller (a reader) : Dual boot windows 7 and lion.
2012-03-17 For those who has Snow Leopard 10.6.3, follow Tom’s steps to get Lion working…
I only installed SL 10.6.3 to be able to create the UniBeast USB key! I installed Lion on an external hard drive. Once I got MulitBeast installed and all the mods you suggest in your video done, I used UniBeast to restore the Lion partition to an empty partition I created on the internal HDD. I then managed to get dual working by using EasyBCD. I had to assign a letter to the MBR partition using disk management in Windows 7 so that EasyBCD could access the BCD file. Adding an entry under the Mac tab using MBR mode instead of EFI mode enabled dual-boot successfully!
2012-03-14 Re-installed Lion and updated to 10.7.3 to my Lenovo G770 i5 and update to dual boot using Chameleon MBR partition-Easy and painless. Now Facetime works.
Thanks to Unibeast, we can now install Lion OS X easily without the need to have 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. This installation is much easier and less work than the Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Here is the video, the pictures and details will come soon.
Before we start, check to see if all the components inside the Laptop are compatible with Lion 10.7.3. Google to see if these devices have kexts. If yours are the same as my Lenovo G77o, you will have fully functional Lion 10.7.3 without the SD card reader.
This procedure should work with all Sandy Bridge i5-i7 laptop. Just like in the video, we should have 1-8GB USB flash drive with unibeast and lion installed, 1-512MB USB flash for important files needed for the installation (idogusbboot). If we don’t have a Snow Leopard installation done, we need to find a mac os x machine for about 1 hour to create all these USB flash drives. If we don’t know much about Hackintosh, we must get an external USB hard drive (either 2.5″ or 3.5″ drive with correct adaptor), experiment with it first then when everything works as desired, restore it to the hard drive.
Here are the steps needed to get the installation successfully without any problem.
1. Create Unibeast Lion USB drive (we should have the Lion application downloaded from Apple website $29.) + download Multibeast 4.2.1 and put inside idoglionunibeast folder then put idoglionunibeast folder inside Unibeast Lion USB flash drive.
Most of us will have the screen resolution problem, I solved mine by choosing the correct USB port for the USB unibeast lion installation disk. Make sure boot with -x.
2. Create idogusbboot for emergency and in case screen resolution doesn’t come up (we don’t need this if we can work with half of the display and guess where the next buttons are while initialize the Lion).
3. Install Lion from Unibeast Lion USB.
4. Restore working external usb LION partition to created internal Lion partition.
BACK UP THE HARD DRIVE IMAGE BEFORE INSTALLING LION. Make sure all partitions including the MBR 200MB
Create a partition inside the hard drive by Shrinking it in Windows 7
Using restoring procedure like the video below to restore the USB partition to Hard drive Partition. Lion OS doesn’t allow to restore from the source, therefore, we have to use the USB unibeast to boot to installation, but we only use the diskutilities to restore the external usb lion partition to the internal drive partition.
Wait for about 20 minutes on this process. Now we should be able to boot with unibeast usb drive and select the internal drive LION partition to boot. The next one is to dual boot the laptop with current Windows 7 and Lion10.7.3.
5. Create dual booting windows 7 and Lion : Chameleon or EasyBCD.
On my Lenovo Sandy Bridge i5, dual boot with EasyBCD is not possible, but if install chameleon boot loader over the mbr partition, it will boot faster than the original windows MBR. So, make sure booting internal hard drive Lion partition with unibeast is working. Download the idogusblion zip file with all folders and files needed.
Go to applications folder and execute “showallfiles”, then go to Disk Utility to erase and format the MBR (200Mb) partition for chameleon boot.
Copy 4 folders and 2 files from idogusbboot to chameleon partition
Now we can install chimera 1.5.4 (this will work with everything) on to this chameleon boot partition.
Now, we can boot straight from the hard drive, but it will by pass windows and just start lion partition. We need to put menu into the com.plist file in our internal partition extra folder so we can see windows partition.
Run Kext Utility when done. Now we will have a boot screen with 2 icon, windows and lion1073.
Install Voodoo HDA 2.7.3 after remove AppleHDA.kext and REBOOT (without reboot, system will hang and re-installation is a must)
- MacOS High Sierra 10.13 On Windows PCs-Laptops
- Create iMac 18,2 From Dell Inspiron DT 3668 i5-7400 Kaby Lake
- macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on Dell 7352 Inspiron i7-5500u Laptop
- macOS Sierra On Mac Wanna Be Windows Laptops and Desktops
- Complete Guide To Install El Capitan or Yosemite On PC and Laptops
- How To Set Up An Inexpensive Hi-Fi Home Karaoke System
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air 5,2 From HP Ivy Bridge HD4000 Laptop
- How To Make A Perfect MacBook Air Wannabe From A Haswell HD4400 Laptop
- Create Mavericks 10.9.2 USB Boot and Installer With Windows 8 (No Mac)
- How To Install Virtual Box 5.2 with Windows on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- Use Malwarebytes To Clean Malware on mac OS X
- ELP-USB100W05MT-DL36 USB Security Camera
- How to get rid of the warning “Your computer was restarted because of a problem”
- How To Fix iMovie 10.1.17 Keep Crashing On macOS High Sierra 10.13
- How To Fix Photo Library Not Showing In iMovie Library
- Panasonic Lumix TS20 Waterproof Camera