Audi MMI 2G & 3G MOST bus is very simple but yet very hard to diagnose which components connected to the bus is faulty due to the serial optical connections. If the system is not thoroughly tested and diagnosed, many good parts can be replaced in the process. This is a simple test just show that an open circuit caused the system looked bad and VCDS report shows many non related failures.
If the head unit 4E0 035 729 failed, I would check all the Polarized capacitors for short, burnt (bulging top).
I could see drop down voltage regulator (LP3965ES) or Maxim1634EAI that would be a failure if there’s a surge in power.
Since there’s NO video display DS90CR285MTD – LVDS controller must not have power –
- Install Apple CarPlay/Android Auto To MMI 3G Plus
- How To Import Songs To MMI 3G Plus Jukebox
- Things You Wish Your OBDII Scanner Can Do
- Carista OBD2 Bluetooth and Software
- Creader 3001 OBDII Scanner
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G
- OBDEleven VCDS Alternative For Android
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G