My 2006 A8L D3 soft close trunk latch stop closing, I could hear the soft close mechanism moving but the latch doesn’t move up to catch the lid latch, hence the trunk doesn’t close itself, it needs a strong slam manually.
The soft close latch has a spring to pull the latch up when the lid is opened. When the spring broke due to old age, the latch no longer catch the trunk lid due to height. Instead of going out and by the spring, I just fixed it. It works perfectly, just how long is the question.
- What you should/must know about Audi Electrical System
- Replace Windshield Wipers on A8 D3 2006
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3