Unless you have all the right equipment to update – leave it to the dealers to do it or you may brick your MMI Head Unit and it’s costly to replace. Don’t update software if everything is working, unless you have to when
The software on mine is 1190 – latest is 4610 – The intermediate is 3360 where AMI is supported and NAV 10 also. Many people upgraded directly from 1190 to 4610, if you’re doing that way, then just use
1. Remove all the CD out of the CD changer.
2. Put in the update CD to CD1 (first slot).
3. Charge the battery or keep the engine running outside and NOT in the garage (CO poisoning).
4. Watch the Video below for a few times – After the update, you will
- How To Modify MMI 3G AMI Cable For AUX Audio Inputs
- How To Restore Sounds From MMI 2G Component Protection (CP)
- CD Auxiliary Optical Box For MMI 2G
- Install Apple CarPlay/Android Auto To MMI 3G Plus
- How To Import Songs To MMI 3G Plus Jukebox
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Audi MMI 2G
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- How To Transfer Songs and Playlists from iTunes to USB Drive