I think these days the USB flash drive 8GB is cheap enough for us to dedicate one for Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD patched to install to MBR partition. With this patched MBR installation USB, we can use it to install Mac OS X to any computer using with iBoot cd. First we need a working mac os system, we can install an external USB hard drive first, then use it to make this one.
1. Use diskutilities to mount the SL 10.6.3 dvd.
2. Plug in the 8GB USB flash drive and make 1 partition GUID format with jounaled.
3. Click the SL 10.6.3 DVD image and restore.
4. Drag the SL image to source and the formated 8GB USB to destination and click restore. It will take about 30-45 minutes depends on the computer.
When it’s done, we should see 2 OS X Install DVD, USB and DVD.
5. Replace OSinstall (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/Osinstall.framework/Versions/A/) and OSinstall.mpkg (System/Installation/Packages/) to the correct folder on the USB DVD restored drive.
When it’s done, we have a SL 10.6.3 install dvd patched for MBR partitions.
The patched OSinstaller can be downloaded
- How To Create macOS App To Run Sudo Command with Password
- How To Create MacBook Pro 13,2 From HP EliteBook 820 G3
- How I fixed BlueStacks Crashing in Big Sur 11.4
- Dell 7352 Broadwell Big Sur
- How To Make External NTFS Hard Drives Writable In Big Sur
- Import iPhone Photos on Mac Using Preview and Image Capture Apps
- How To Get iMessage and FaceTime Working On Big Sur
- How To Replace WIFI Module On Dell Inspiron 3668