has been the best boot loader for Hackintosh, since the macOS Catalina 10.15.4+, there are quite a few bugs with the newer versions, r5089-5098 don’t scan boot volumes. The only versions seem to work are 5107-5115 but still buggy. My HP x360 i7-4510u Haswell HD4400 only works with r5107 or newer while M7-J120dx works with r5078. The problems with the Catalina 10.15.4+ is the mismatch between boot loader and the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. The Envy 13 Kaby Lake i7-7500u and HD620 can’t boot with 5107 due to the bios lock but works with r5078.
Due to all these problems, I’ve tried to use . The OC is still in development, still buggy but when you get everything working, it’s quite stable. The 0.5.7 seems to be the best of the bunch, now it’s 0.5.8. The GUI is new and not working very well yet. There is a great website for Guide and a support forum for OpenCore.
The latest version is 0.5.9.
- Haswell HD4400 Laptops (Intel 4th Generation) .
- Haswell HD4600 Laptops (Intel 4th Generation) .
- Broadwell HD5500 Laptops (Intel 5th Generation) .
- Skylake HD520 Laptops (Intel 6th Generation) .
- KabyLake HD620 Laptops (Intel 7th Generation) .
- CoffeeLake UHD620 Laptops (Intel 8th Generation) .