In order to access a few components like the MMI (head unit – 4E0035729(A)), can bus gateway (4E0907468(x)) we need to drop the glove box. It seems to be a big thing, but actually, there are about 8 screws (torx and Phillips) that hold it to the body.
***If the car is equipped with knee airbag, make sure to disconnect the battery before removing the connectors***
Remove the 2 screws on the side – need to remove the fuse box cover – screw driver will do.
Inside the glove box, there are 2 more torx screws holding the back to the body frame.
If you want to remove the CD changer, remove before dropping the glove box.
Now, we’re ready to drop the glove box – wiggle it out and down lightly and firmly – if the lid is closed is the best.
Disconnect light and airbag connector (make sure the battery is disconnected by removing the ground cable to the chassis).
Putting it back is in reverse order, but the corner where the box is rest on is a little hard to get it on.
- What you should/must know about Audi Electrical System
- Replace Windshield Wipers on A8 D3 2006
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3