My Audi A8L MMI was dead, stuck at open, black screen, doesn’t close, every time I push a device button or reset the MMI, MMI initialize screen would come on, and went black, while it was on, I could hear the relay clicking in the trunk under the back seat.
VCDS scan would come up with: No communication with Head Unit, Optical Bus: open.
The culprit was the 5A yellow fuse was blown, I might have shorted the line somehow while working in the trunk. It did give me a great scare.
- How To Modify MMI 3G AMI Cable For AUX Audio Inputs
- What you should/must know about Audi Electrical System
- How To Restore Sounds From MMI 2G Component Protection (CP)
- Replace Windshield Wipers on A8 D3 2006
- CD Auxiliary Optical Box For MMI 2G
- Left Air Suspension Failed At 131k Miles
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed
- Install Apple CarPlay/Android Auto To MMI 3G Plus