In order to access a few components like the MMI (head unit – 4E0035729(A)), can bus gateway (4E0907468(x)) we need to drop the glove box. It seems to be a big thing, but actually, there are about 8 screws (torx and Phillips) that hold it to the body.
***If the car is equipped with knee airbag, make sure to disconnect the battery before removing the connectors***
Remove the 2 screws on the side – need to remove the fuse box cover – screw driver will do.
Inside the glove box, there are 2 more torx screws holding the back to the body frame.
If you want to remove the CD changer, remove before dropping the glove box.
Now, we’re ready to drop the glove box – wiggle it out and down lightly and firmly – if the lid is closed is the best.
Disconnect light and airbag connector (make sure the battery is disconnected by removing the ground cable to the chassis).
Putting it back is in reverse order, but the corner where the box is rest on is a little hard to get it on.
- Attempt To Fix A8 D3 Door Lock Switch On Handle
- Hot Air Comes Out of Left Vents With AC On
- Apple CarPlay for Audi MMI 2G
- G12 & G13 Coolant for Audi Cars
- OBDEleven VCDS Alternative For Android
- Audi A8L D3 Oil Change @123k
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC