In order to access a few components like the MMI (head unit – 4E0035729(A)), can bus gateway (4E0907468(x)) we need to drop the glove box. It seems to be a big thing, but actually, there are about 8 screws (torx and Phillips) that hold it to the body.
***If the car is equipped with knee airbag, make sure to disconnect the battery before removing the connectors***
Remove the 2 screws on the side – need to remove the fuse box cover – screw driver will do.
Inside the glove box, there are 2 more torx screws holding the back to the body frame.
If you want to remove the CD changer, remove before dropping the glove box.
Now, we’re ready to drop the glove box – wiggle it out and down lightly and firmly – if the lid is closed is the best.
Disconnect light and airbag connector (make sure the battery is disconnected by removing the ground cable to the chassis).
Putting it back is in reverse order, but the corner where the box is rest on is a little hard to get it on.
- Audi A8L D3 Oil Change @123k
- What You Should Know/Must know About AMI on MMI 2G
- MMI 2G Bluetooth No Sound or MIC
- Ignition Switch Warning Icon
- How To Create a 12V Line When The Ignition Is On on 2006 Audi A8 D3
- How To Update Audi North American Region Navigation 2016 DVD MMI 2G
- 2016 Tesla S 75D Autopilot In Action
- Clean Clogged AC Drain Hose Causing Water Under The Carpet