It’s been over 5 years since we’ve had our 2006 A8L D3, it may be the time for us to get a newer A8L D4. A8 D5 is going to be available (2019). A8 D4 in US starting 2011-2018, 2015 it has a face lift and a different tail lights with some small improvements. There were 3 engine types 4.2L V8, 3.0T and 4.0T. In later years only 3.0T and 4.0T are available. We’re looking for the 3.0T version since we don’t need the extra power and this engine has been proven to be the most reliable one – bullet proof as they say.
When we’re looking for a used A8L, we preferred one owner, all original and the most options available. These are the options available and we can choose which ones are best to have:
► Premium package
► Luxury package
► Cold Weather package
► Warm Weather package (A8)
► Sport package
► Driver Assistance package
► Rear Seat Comfort package (A8 L)
► Assam Gray Vavona Wood inlays
► Brown/Silver Poplar Wood inlays
► Brown/Gold Natural Fine Grain Ash Wood inlays
► Black cloth headliner
► Alcantara® headliner (matching interior or Black option)
► Panoramic sunroof (A8 L)
► Solar sunroof
► Rear Seat Entertainment with dual 10″ screens and DVD single slot
► Night vision assistant with pedestrian and larger animal detection
► 20″ 15-spoke design wheels with 265/40 all-season tires5
► 20″ 10-parallel-spoke design wheels with 265/40 all-season tires5
- The Premium package: ventilate and massage seats – blind spot – side assist… etc.
- Cold Weather package: Rear Heated Seat and Steering, Ski Sack.
- Driver Assistant package: Adaptive cruise control is a must for us.
- Panoramic Sunroof.
- The 20″ wheels are to be avoid since the reviews complained about the ride noise and quality.
- All A8 come standard with side windows and rear shade motorized.
This is 2018, the best is to get these lease returns from 2015, most people lease with Audi for 3 years, the price range for 2015 with options range from $35k-40k for the 3.0T with mileage between 26k-45k miles. At this time, VW Credit still offers 3% for these cars with Credit score of 760 or higher. Make sure 2 key fobs (they cost money and programming) and books are there.
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3
- Should I upgrade from A8L D3 to A8L D4?
- Carista OBD2 Bluetooth and Software
- Looking For The Best Audi A8 D4
- G12 & G13 Coolant for Audi Cars
- 2016 Tesla S 75D Autopilot In Action
- Audi Doesn’t Start In Park or Neutral
- How To Install ElsaWin 5.2 To Windows 8 or Windows 10