12/16/2017 – Due to the tires worn out on both inner/outer – I decided to check the Control Arms since they’re both Karlyn. Anyhow, it turned out still GOOD. It must be the alignment. I bought the CA from
2017-02-27 Right – Upper – Front Karlyn failed after 9 months.
In attempt to eliminate the suspension noise from backing out of the drive way on the cold days, I bought some upper control arms and stabilizer brackets and replace them. This is how I replaced mine. I’m sure there are many ways to do it. The procedure is very straight forward, except for the bolt that got stuck until we lower the shock assembly down to clear it. All bolts and nuts use 16mm size wrenches. It’s also more convenient if we remove the whole strut assembly to replace both upper control arms.
All components were bought from
- Automatic Head Lights and Rain Sensor Failed
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3
- Should I upgrade from A8L D3 to A8L D4?
- 2006 A8L Is Still Smooth and Comfortable At 128k Miles
- Carista OBD2 Bluetooth and Software