For Audi MMI 2G that don’t have FBAS (RVC) installed, you need to add the circuit or change the MMI head unit from for the TV tuner to work. 2007+ A8s and Q7 have back up camera built in therefore it’s plug and play. To upgrade 4E0 035 729 A you also need the CAN Gateway that supports RVC: , older ones don’t support.
If we have an Audi with MMI 2G, FBAS RVC installed and we don’t have AMI unit built in and don’t want to spend $500+ to get one, the alternative is to get an old Analog TV Tuner 4E0 919 146 to install. If we want to watch movies, we can use or TV with digital TV tuner. The important wires are the 20PIN connectors. Follow the diagram to create your own cables. Pin 4,5,6,7,14,15,19,20 are not used. Make sure Pin 3 is connected to the sense line of the power connector – Wire color WHITE/YELLOW.
- If you want to stream music through an inexpensive bluetooth dongle ($6).
- If you want to mirror your smartphones to the MMI screen ( if your car is 2006 or older)
- If you want to watch TV OTA while waiting in the car.
- All Analog TV tuner has 2 AV inputs, you can connect 2 AV systems to it and it work effortlessly through the MMI system.
- Install Apple CarPlay/Android Auto To MMI 3G Plus
- How To Import Songs To MMI 3G Plus Jukebox
- Power Steering Noise_Needed Oil
- Our A8L D3 On Highway 1
- Fix Water From Entering The Trunk Lid/Trunk
- Clear and Improve Sunroof Drains A8 D3
- Should I upgrade from A8L D3 to A8L D4?
- 2006 A8L Is Still Smooth and Comfortable At 128k Miles